Welcome to Sabattis Adventure Camp
Your Adventure Starts Here!
Sabattis is located in the heart of the Adirondack Park near Long Lake, NY. The camp encompasses more than 1,250 acres with a 250 acre crystal clear lake surrounded by wilderness. We are five and half hours from New Jersey, and fifty miles from Lake Placid. Coach bus service is available from NJ. Sabattis has been providing adventures to Boy Scouts and Venturers from all over the Northeast since 1957. Join us this summer!
- 6 million acres in New York
- Largest park in the continental USA
- Private and Public lands
- 3,000 lakes and ponds
- 6,000 miles of rivers and streams
- 46 Mountains over 4,000 feet to climb
- Over 2,000 miles of hiking trails
Sabattis offers both a patrol cooking resident camp, and an Adirondack Trek adventure base. If you are interested in our treks, please visit the Adirondack Trek web page.
Our resident camp program offers Scouts a chance to have fun and work on merit badges, personal advancement, and patrol/troop advancement. Our schedule is different from most traditional Boy Scout camps.
All meals at Sabattis are prepared in traditional patrol style on camp stoves or over open fires. Our camp commissary provides all of the food and meal preparation instructions. "No cook" options are available for breakfast and lunch. Before each meal, each patrol sends two Scouts to pick up their food from the commissary. At every meal, patrol leader and senior patrol leader leadership skills are put to the test. Preparation and training goes into a successful day. Scouts learn a lot from meal setup, preparation, cooking, as well as clean-up. When Scouts return from a week at Sabattis, it is amazing how well organized and prepared they are on upcoming troop outings.
Our campsites - many are on the lake - provide an awe inspiring location for your unit’s summer camp. Wake to the sounds of loons calling across the lake. Each campsite includes a water spigot, a latrine with a washstand, a flag pole, a bear proof storage box, trailer parking, and a bulletin board. Patrols are provided with a picnic table, dining fly, patrol box, 3 pans for dish washing, and a burn barrel. You provide your own tents, cooking gear and other desired unit and patrol equipment.
- Sabattis is located is Hamilton County, which has the lowest population density of any county east of the Mississippi River.
- Sabattis was once owned by Charlie Daniels - inventor of the American crawl and a winner of eight Olympic medals - 5 gold - in swimming.
- Sabattis is one hour west of Lake Placid - the home of the 1932 and 1980 Winter Olympics
- Sabattis was once the first Silver Fox Ranch in the country
- Sabattis celebrated 50 years of adventure in 2009
Page last updated: 11-08-2012 11:44 am