Camp Somers is Venturing Friendly
Let Camp Somers be part of your Venturing Crew's
summer plans. We have a program that caters not only to the needs of
Troops but also to Venturing Crews with opportunities to earn the
Bronze award and more!
- Special Venture Week at camp
- Action-packed schedule with multiple opportunities to
work towards the Outdoor and Sports Bronze Awards
- Work towards the new Venturing, Discovery, Pathfinder and Summit Awards.
- Extensive Mountain Biking treks lead by experienced
Mountain Biking staff
- All Terrain Vehicle program
- COPE - Challenging Outdoor Personal Experience emphasizes team building, personal growth, as well as
mental and physical challenges. This program culminates on our high
course which includes a zip line and climbing wall! Selected high coure elements are also available daily at open COPE.
- Shooting sports including handguns and the Venture Shoot n Eat.
- GPS geocaching
- Rock climbing on some of the most challenging faces
in the Northeast! Open climbing is available after dinner Tuesday - Thursday.
- Leave No Trace courses
- Various outpost and backwoods cooking opportunities
on our 1,000 acre reservation including a challenging Wilderness Survival
- Our extensive aquatics program
For more information
on the program please email the Reservation
or call the
Patriots' Path Council office at 973-765-9322 x238
Page last updated: 07-14-2014 07:42 am