STEM Week at Camp Wheeler
Week Six - August 3-7, 2015
Join us for our third annual STEM Week at Camp Wheeler. This special week of camp focuses on the magic of Science,
All of Camp Wheeler's great programs will incorporate STEM activities in a fun and interactive way. We will even have a few special programs too!
- Robotics - Create your own working robot.
- Model Rockets - Forces, aerodynamics, propulsion and physics.
- Radio Controlled Vehicles - Mechanics and electronics.
- Crafts - Mathematics behind bubble blowing.
- Science - Make a motor and a circuit to illuminate a light bulb.
- Pool - Chemistry - how water is so fascinating.
- Archeology - Learning about volcanoes and the Earth.
- BB Guns/Archery - Physics of projectiles; probability of hitting target areas.
- Boating - Including trebuchets and catapults.
- Mountain Bikes - Playing around with simple machines.
- Scoutcraft - Engineering of structures.
- Nova Awards - Work on the four Cub Scout Nova awards.
- Lots more fun
August 3-7, 2015 is STEM Week at Camp Wheeler in Stanhope, NJ.
Online registration will be available by early January. Register through the regular Camp Wheeler registration.
Be sure to choose "Mon 08-03-2015 Week 6 - STEM: Camp Wheeler".
Regular Camp Wheeler fees apply. No extra fee for STEM Week.
STEM is part of an initiative the Boy Scouts of America has taken on to encourage the natural curiosity of youth members and their sense of wonder about these fields through existing programs. From archery to biking, Scouts can't help but enjoy the wide range of STEM related activities. To support this initiative, the BSA developed the Nova Awards program so that youth members have fun and receive recognition for their efforts.
Page last updated: 03-31-2015 04:41 pm